Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Respect



There have been a lot of changes in Tampa and today, the Bucs released a few players including one of my favorite players of all time, Derrick Brooks. This news comes as quite a shock. The team was in need of some new blood and a fresh start after last season's crap show but this is a little hard to swallow. I always hoped he would retire as a Buccaneer and end his stellar career in Tampa - other fans are in an uproar about this too, understandably - but it wasn't meant to be. I guess with a new coaching staff (I'm going to miss Monte Kiffin probably even more than Gruden) and a new philosophy (no more Tampa 2?!?), these types of moves are inevitable but it's sad to see a guy like Brooks go. His presence in the locker room and in the community, in addition to his contributions on the field, should make him an asset to any team in the NFL, so I'm sure he'll be getting some offers really soon.

1 comment:

I have something to say said...

Out with the old, in with the new.
The Niners have 25 mil in cap space. I'm sure they will make Brooks an offer and then you can see him play every weekend.