Wednesday, March 11, 2009

D-D-D-Dora!!!

I suppose it says something about me, my generation, the media, news/talk shows, the economy, the Internet, the world in general, etc, etc, that I had never heard of Jim Cramer before all this John Stewart business, but I'm glad I hadn't. Then again, it probably says something equally, if not more important about all those things that a guy like Cramer has a show like that in the first place, but I digress. Anyway, he's feuding with John Stewart now which is a bad thing for him (and an entertaining thing for most Daily Show viewers). Hasn't he heard of Tucker Carlson?

In short, Stewart said some jokes, Cramer took them personally and can't manage to see the forest for the trees. On top of that, he's clearly taking this opportunity to raise his profile by refusing to let this thing go. He could have easily ignored it but he's "rap beefin'" the whole thing, if you will. In any case, Cramer better be ready to get cross-fired because he's going on the Daily Show tomorrow. Hopefully, John Stewart splits the jokes with some real discussion and shows Cramer how ridiculous he is being about all this. I mean, it's easy for Stewart to use the "I do comedy" defense but, as with the Crossfire drama, he does have some legitimate points to make.

This'll bring you up to speed with this feud, which I have been tracking on videogum, of course.





No comments: