Monday, May 19, 2008

Yo, Stop At The Deli


Even though I live just outside of North Beach, I rarely go down there to hang out. It's not that I make a point to avoid the place, but I usually just head down to Polk or Union Square for some reason. Anyway, on Saturday I walked to Columbus with some folks to grab lunch. After some painful decision making, we ended up at Molinari Delicatessen. I haven't been to that many delis in the city but this one might be the best.
Everything looked and smelled pretty good when we walked in. I was starving so it was hard to pick what to eat but I settled on the Basil Turkey Special (Turkey, Fresh Mozzarella, Sweet Bell Peppers, Sun Dried Tomatoes, Basil Garlic Spread) and some tortellini salad. I traded half of my sandwich to Wendy for half of her South Beach Special (Turkey, Provolone, Artichoke Hearts, Sun Dried Tomatoes, Basil Garlic Spread). Both sandwiches were really good, with tons of turkey and fresh toppings, but the Basil Turkey was the better of the two (maybe the best sandwich I've had in SF). The peppers were excellent and so were the tomatoes but it was the fresh mozzarella that put things over the top. The salad was good too, except for the celery. I don't like celery.

I'll have to go back soon to try some other stuff so if anyone wants to check it out, let me know...

No comments: