Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Watch What You Say

Shawty Lo has been beefing with T.I. about guess what? His street cred. Apparently, Shawty doesn't think T.I. is from Bankhead and he found a picture to prove it:


T.I. laughs at Shawty Lo on MTV:


Another part of the MTV interview touched on T.I.'s legal problems. He admitted to making a mistake and talked about not thinking straight because he was concerned about the welfare of his family and friends. It's unfortunate that he's going to prison (especially for doing something so dumb) but what's even more disconcerting is that he's pulling a Lil' Kim by doing the reality series thing leading up to his jail time.

I've read a few interviews that had me thinking T.I. was ready to take his music to the next level. Supposedly, his upcoming album is going to be more introspective now that he's writing down his lyrics, rather than rapping from memory (which I think is overrated anyway. Just because Biggie can do it, doesn't mean everyone else should). On top of that, he's got confirmed tracks with Danja and Kanye, and the first song is pretty great. I've been waiting for him to make a record that legitimizes him as one of the greats (like Jay did with The Blueprint) but now I'm not so sure. I know the two aren't related but how many great albums have been even remotely associated with a reality show???

I'm still going to buy the album and watch the show, for sure. Let's just hope they don't disappoint or make a complete mockery of T.I.

No comments: