Thursday, May 22, 2008

Tick Tick Tick Tick Tick Clap


Today, I made my first iTunes purchase ever. (I copped The Cool Kids' new EP. I'm only three songs deep but so far, so good. It's exactly what I expected, in a good way.) I'm an idiot though. I bought the album rather than using the $25 iTunes gift card that I've had lying around since Christmas. I'll guess I'll get around to using that soon but I still prefer having a compact disc with liner notes. Anyway...

Who knew trying to find the release date for the CD version of The Bake Sale would be so hilarious? Searching for "The Cool Kids" on iTunes and amazon.com resulted in this gem:

So many questions, so many things to say...

First of all, did Rachael Ray kidnap the girl in purple? I can't tell if she's sad or embarrassed or what. She doesn't look too happy that's for sure.

What's with celebrities throwing together their favorites songs and calling it an album? Rachael Ray is to Too Cool For School Mixtape For Kids as Zach Braff is to Garden State OST.

She's 2 for 2 on bad album covers. Rachael must be friends with the graphic designer. How else would you explain this? (But more importantly, can someone tell me how Rachael Ray has two albums in the first place?)

When are people going to be okay with saying "mix CD" or "CD mix"? Only the realest of the real still use mixtapes and I don't know any of those folk. If you use one of these, you might be able to call it a mixtape but even that's a stretch.

Too Cool For School? Those kids? Really? Really?


Okay, I don't particularly want to close this out with Rachael Ray talk that doesn't involve food so here's a link to an old Cool Kids post: Click click click.

No comments: