Friday, August 24, 2007

Dear Mr. Toilet



This may sound weird but toilets are pretty important to me, particularly the flushing ability of toilets. Think about it, a poor flusher can range from being a minor, harmless threat to being a huge inconvenience. In the wrong situation, it can cause massive embarrassment. This usually isn't a problem for me (seriously, I don't clog toilets often but I'm mildly concerned about it when using an unfamiliar toilet or one that I know is sub-standard). My main problem is that I hate having to clear OPP (other people's poops). I'll stop there...

When I think of the best things about my old loft, my toilet is near the top of the list, right next to my awesome shower and my garage parking spot. (People all over San Francisco complain about parking but who really complains about toilets? Am I the only one? Maybe I'm just the only one willing to admit it.) When I think of the worst things about where I currently live, the upstairs toilet tops the list, all by itself. It had a weak flush when we moved in and it's gotten worse and worse each week. About a week ago, it pretty much stopped working entirely. We finally got around to calling our landlord this week and yesterday, the fix-it guy came to take a look at it. Apparently, he pulled a tampon out of there, which could have come from previous tenants or from some female visitor we've had over, but it still doesn't flush right. Today, he was supposed to replace the whole thing so hopefully when I get home I can use a toilet that has the power to clear urine.

Yeah, this entire post, this whole bizarre rant was just to let you folks know that we're getting a new toilet.

By the way, we're not getting a squatty potty, despite evidence of numerous health benefits, in addition to being more sanitary than conventional American toilets. I just wanted to show a picture of one.

No comments: