Sunday, August 12, 2007

Always Fine Tuning Everything


Today, a few of us went out the Nihonmachi Festival in Japantown. I used the opportunity to check out the Fatlace store again. It's a pretty awesome shop because it's clean and simple, and it reminds me of some of the streetwear stores in Tokyo. But more importantly, both times I've been there (today and on the store's opening day a few weeks back) I had good experiences. Yeah, I know that's a weird thing to say about a small clothing shop but it's pretty refreshing when the customer service is noticeably good. Maybe I'm getting older and pickier, or maybe I'm just sick of going into stores that have employees who think they're too cool for school. They're the people who ignore me because I don't fit the "profile" and so they can check out the latest Youtube video or send text messages to their friends. At Fatlace, Ronnie and Victoria were helpful in answering my questions and showing me the latest goods without trying to get me to buy every last thing. After a quick chat, I ended up getting a pretty sweet shirt for my brother.

Oh, and while it's nothing special, the gift wrapping was definitely a nice touch.

No comments: