Saturday, April 25, 2009

I'm Not Worried At All






First off, people make trailers for everything these days. It's weird but it's fine, I guess. In this case, nothing builds up the hype like a deep, ominous voice, cool graphics, and video/audio snippets. 

Point two, CuDi's new mixtape, Dat Kid From Cleveland, is really good. It's not "good" like Asher Roth's mixtape, which I now find mostly un-listen-able, but "good" like A Kid Named CuDi. Probably better. He isn't the strongest rapper but he's got a solid, sing-song flow and he has a good ear for interesting beats. Mainly, he sounds fresh. I'm not saying he's doing things that haven't been done before, but he definitely stands out.

Thirdly, KiD Cudi has declared that his official debut, which is supposed to drop later this year, is going to be his last solo album. True, he has other projects on the horizon but forgive me if I don't believe him. Based on the history of failed rapper retirements (Jay-Z, 50 Cent, Bow Wow, Too $hort, Common, Saigon, The Game, Master P, Ja Rule, DMX, Scarface, to name a few), I'm calling it now: KiD Cudi will have more than one solo album when it's all said and done. 

No comments: