Friday, January 23, 2009

It's Your Birthday...



I used to be a fan of Jim Carey. I used to be a fan of 50 Cent. While I haven't completely written either of them off, even in the peaks of their careers I would have found this pairing odd. Now, I understand that they're both just having a good time so it shouldn't matter that 50 is singing a happy birthday song to Jim Carey, but it's a little random right? Like, if someone were to have said "X" movie star was dancing on stage while "Y" pop star was singing to him/her, who would have guessed these guys?

Two more quick hits:

- Is anyone really surprised that "In Da Club" is the highlight of 50's career? It's a great song off a really good album; easily better than any of his more recent work. It's not that "Get Rich or Die Tryin'" was such a classic that there's no way he can top it. It has nothing to do with over-exposure, an attempt at a movie career, pointless marketing beefs with Mr. West, or selling out (which still doesn't exist by the way). I think it's more that aside from a song or two, his work since his first album just hasn't been any good.

- I realize this is a pretty stupid and pointless post (aren't they all?) but put that aside for a bit to answer me this: how awesome is Jim Carey's dancing? I can't really tell if he's doing the goofy white guy dance as a joke or if he's really just thinking "screw it, I'm feeling this music and I'm going to dance". I just wonder, because his head nods reminded me of "Ace Ventura" and "Dumb and Dumber". If it is in fact a joke, do you think 50 Cent realizes it?

No comments: