Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Surely Finish Last



Against CuDi's wishes I'm posting the video for the Crookers remix of "Day 'n' Night". I have to say that the video is kind of cool but I much prefer the original version of the song over this clubby, techno-y track. The slow rolling beat and laid back delivery are what makes the song great and the electro synths of the remix don't seem to match quite right.

Click the link to see CuDi rant about the video. While I understand his frustration, two things stick out. One, it's like he's doing his best Kanye impression by airing out issues he has with the industry, temper tantrum-style on a blog. I suppose that makes sense, seeing as Kanye is his boss and he collaborated on 808's but people compare the two artists enough as it is. And two, CuDi it's unfortunate that chooses to emulate Kanye blog commenters with his writing style. All those "dat's" and "cuz's" are somewhat forgivable but ALL CAPS? No.

Don't get me wrong though. CuDi was one of my favorite discoveries this year and I do feel mildly bad about posting the video. Not that I have many readers but I just think the more exposure for him, the better.

No comments: