Thursday, December 4, 2008

I Don't Believe That Anybody Feels The Way I Do

I guess it all starts now, the week after Thanksgiving. End of the year lists. Yes! Pitchfork posted up their music videos list. As usual, I liked a lot of the videos they chose (Feist, Santogold, The Mountain Goats, VW and of course my favorite of this year, The BPA) and I noticed a few omissions (My Morning Jacket, Common, The Cool Kids. And I would have chosen different Kanye and Gnarls videos). Also, it would have been cool to have a small blurb accompanying each selection, like this:


Jay-Z: "Wonderwall" (live at Glastonbury)


Who could have predicted that it would take the best rapper alive to remind us that "Wonderwall" is a great song? Here Hova sings incredibly off-key (and pretends to play the guitar) but the crowd keeps the energy going by doing most of the singing for him. This might be the best worst-sung "eff you, hate on me now" cover performed by a rapper at Glastonbury in the history of the universe. Take that Noel Gallagher!

No comments: