Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Robots Are Coming!

J5 (and Cut Chemist) used to be one of my favorite hip hop groups but somewhere along the way, I just lost interest in their brand of light-hearted throwback rap. In the past year or so, Cut has been making noise with his latest tour with DJ Shadow and with a quick cameo in Juno, as a chemistry teacher. Today, I stumbled upon his latest video for "1st Big Break". Ignoring the fact that the song is over two years old, I have to say it's awesome. It is the first music video shot with a 360 panoramic lens. I don't know exactly how revolutionary that is, but it makes for a dope video.




Recently, I've been in a debate with a couple of friends over the best music video of this year. I'd have to say this one should at least enter the conversation.

No comments: