Tuesday, October 16, 2007

No Surprises...

I have never been the biggest Radiohead fan. Don't get me wrong, I think they have made some great albums and great songs, but my interest in them never lasts too long. That being said the deal with their latest album is beyond interesting. As you probably already know, they are letting their fans buy the album off the Internet for whatever price they feel like paying, even zero dollars. Apparently, the album has already gone platinum and approximately 33% chose to download it for free (according to a poll conducted on 3,000 buyers). Hopefully, the record industry (and CD manufacturers) take notice. I'm not saying that this is the solution to all the RIAA's problems, but it will take some experimentation and risk if the record companies want to increase sales. As for me, I haven't purchased the album yet. I've read good things about it but I just haven't bought it yet. And yes, I will buy it if I decide to acquire it, to support the band and the idea if nothing else. In the meantime, I feel like listening to this song:

No comments: