Tuesday, January 5, 2010

I Gotta Feeling

There are only two guys that have been doing anything with mashups in recent history: Girl Talk and SF's own DJ Earworm (the man responsible for "Reckoner Lockdown"). While I don't claim to be an avid mashup fanatic, I'm pretty sure I can stand by that statement. Really, aside from those two who else is doing anything worthwhile? By now, most music lovers know about Girl Talk but it's Earworm who is really getting some love from the general public with his end of the year mashups--just ask someone on Facebook. While his most recent mix for 2009 is pretty awesome, I think 2007's is much better. And in case you were wondering, I find 2008's mix almost unlistenable. Maybe that's kind of harsh but compared to the other two songs, 2008 is weak. See for yourself.

United State of Pop 2009


United State of Pop (2007)


United State of Pop 2008

No comments: