Thursday, October 23, 2008

So Good



How good is the Mad Men opening credits? It's good enough for me to bother posting an entry about it. It's good enough for me to watch (and listen) to it almost every episode even though I could easily fast forward the DVD. It's good enough to be one of the best TV intros I've ever seen.

First off, the visuals are dope, like a graphic design masterpiece. It perfectly compliments the aesthetics and themes of the show. It oozes cool while demonstrating a sort of helplessness that is evident in most of the show's characters. Secondly, the music is on point. It ties together the whole intro with an almost "neo-retro" vibe. I just found out the song was done by rjd2, which I should have known seeing as it has his signature sound. Anyway, this credit sequence is excellent and definitely does the show justice. So good.

In related news, Best Week Ever posted some pics of a similarly awesome Mad Men intro spoof that The Simpsons did for this year's Tree House of Horrors episode. I haven't watched that show in ages but I might have to in a couple Sundays. Check it out.

No comments: