Friday, October 10, 2008

I Will Never Lose



Some awesome things to note from this montage of the pre-taped awards acceptance speeches by Flight of the Conchords:

- It's great how in New Zealand a folk parody album won "Best Album" of 2008. It's even more great that Jemaine doesn't accept the award.

- I'm glad they're filming season two of the show (which is why they needed to tape their acceptance speeches). Even after last season fizzled out near the end, it was a great first season. I think they just ran out of really good songs, so hopefully they come back with something fresh.

- "We finally broke through." and "Just, just off screen."

- I don't know if videogum is right in that these are funnier than all the new Fall tv shows but I wouldn't doubt it. I've seen some pretty horrendous commercials for shows so bad that I can't even remember their names.

- Watching these reminded me how awesome Murray the band manager is, which reminded me that NBC political analyst Chuck Todd (who I've seen on the recent debates) looks exactly like him. Apparently, other people think so too.

No comments: