Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Go

I borrowed Robert's rollers and have been using them when I'm too lazy to go out for a real work out. Riding the rollers has made me realize four things: 1) I really need a pair of cycling shorts, 2) I sweat like crazy riding with no wind, 3) I'm not very fast and 4) it's pretty easy to ride off the rollers if I'm not paying attention. On the plus side, it's nice getting to watch DVDs while riding my bike and any ride is better than no ride at all.

Speaking of rollers, check out the top two finishers from a Rollapaluza race this summer. Yeah, it's old news but it's worth a watch.

Chris Hoy won 3 golds in Beijing but couldn't win here:


This guy didn't make the cut for the Great Britain Olympic team but he won the rollers race:

2 comments:

Rollapaluza said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rollapaluza said...

In fairness, Craig Maclean had a proper warm up & was wearing lycra and shoes. Chris Hoy was in jeans, had no warm up and confessed to having had about 10 hours sleep that week, he still posted a sub 20 second time!

Craig Maclean's time 18.94s is phenomenal. Easily that fastest, the only person to post a time under 19 seconds! He also had to use the small bike as his thighs were rubbing the top tube on our large bike.......