Monday, March 3, 2008

The Biggest Boss

Watching Rick Ross' new video, I noticed a few things:

- This video's got a fair amount of unintentionally comedy, such as Ross' face chain and T-Pain's Mario Party 8 MC Ballyhoo costume. Now I'm waiting for some youtuber to edit Ballyhoo's head on T-Pain or sync T-Pain's vocoder voice into the video game.
- Whenever I listen to a Rick Ross song, or any other crack rap song for that matter, I wonder just how big of a drug dealer he really was or is. All these rappers claim to be rich off drug money but were they big time players or just low level grunts? I've been wondering this even more after burning through seasons 1-4 of The Wire (I'll have to write about that more later) which gave me a different perspective on the drug game. I'm inclined to think that most rappers aren't walking the walk but I could be wrong. Either way, it was pretty cool and coincidental to see Snoop and Slim Charles from the show making cameos in the video.
- All Rick Ross songs sound the same and with T-Pain singing the hook, this one sounds like every other song on the radio. But that's not necessarily a bad thing. It should be, but it's not.
- Before, they used to blur out logos in music videos and now someone realized it's just another medium to bombard viewers with product placement. I don't know why, but I have an urge to drink a Ciroc cocktail.

Anyway, see for yourself:

1 comment:

Bill and Aftin said...

This is Aftin--I just wanted to say hi. I didn't actually read your blog posts or watch the videos, but the fact that you created it, I respect that. :) (Are you a Zoolander fan too?) Anyway, its a battle with Aliyah to even spend 10 minutes surfing the web, so I hope you are doing well and hopefully we can see you this summer when we visit Bill's parents.