Sunday, November 25, 2007

What Can I Get For 10$?

This year I avoided the crowds by doing some pointless Black Friday shopping online. I was going to get a few things from bestbuy.com but when I was checking out, I noticed they charge for tax and shipping. While debating whether or not paying $15 was worth avoiding "Jingle All the Way"-like madness (see below) at the store, I decided to see what amazon had to offer. I've said it before and I'll probably say it again: amazon rules. I don't think they had the crazy limited number half-off sales on laptops and expensive stuff like Best Buy, but they matched the prices for most of the DVDs, CDs and other small items that I was seeing in ads. I ended up getting a large handul of DVDs, a bike helmet and some Christmas gifts.

Oh, I also signed up for Amazon Prime. Part of me realizes that was probably a bad idea because now I'll be inclined to spend a lot of money online. Knowing the way I buy things, I could be on a slow path of needlessly whittling away at my savings. Really, I guess I should have signed up for it a while ago though. My absolute least favorite aspect about buying stuff online is waiting for it to get here, especially because most shipping companies and online stores don't feel the need to keep tracking records up to date and the delivery estimates are usually wrong anyway. What's up with that?

Without further ado:

P.S. I've never actually seen "Jingle All The Way" but after watching the highlight reel and seeing the Governor punch a reindeer in the mouth, I might have to get someone with Netflix to rent it for me. Put that cookie down! Now!!!

No comments: