Tuesday, September 4, 2007

The Impression That I Get

I acquired a leak of Kanye's Graduation. My first impression is that it's really solid and definitely enjoyable. It's doesn't have any huge stand outs, aside from "Stronger" and "Good Life" but the songs fit together as an album really well. I don't know if it can match the highs of The College Dropout but it's more consistent front to back and it doesn't get bogged down with pointless skits. The only dud is "Drunk and Hot Girls", which is probably the single worst song 'Ye has ever been involved in. He's done some real junk in the past but this one takes the cake. It's also further evidence that Mos Def is close to irrelevent when it comes to music (Has anyone else ever made me jump from "forget movies, stick to rapping" to "please, please put down the mic and focus on acting" so fast? I doubt it.) Anyway, back to Graduation... It's growing on me with each listen. Even though I have the leak, I still can't wait to buy the official release. You should buy it too. You won't be disappointed. Go 'n' get ya some.

P.S. I'm waiting on the remix of "Big Brother" featuring Jay-Z. They have to trade lines on that song. It'd be legendary.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Are you forgetting about Will Smith?

Please, only acting from now on.