Saturday, July 28, 2007

It's Gotta Be My Swag



As far back as I can remember, I've been picking up free magazines, catalogs and brochures from different shops I visit. They make for good, quick reads and are often of a quality you wouldn't expect in a free product. Usually, the magazines have at least a couple interesting articles; stuff that's specific to a particular subculture or region that I can't find in regular magazines. The brochures and catalogs that showcase new product lines/bands/artists are pretty interesting too, sometimes for design reasons if not for content. My problem is that if I don't throw them away within the first couple weeks, I'll probably keep them for years. I'll go back and look at them every once and while but they're hardly something I need keep.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i have to admit, i did like "frank", until i picked up the most recent copy in a shoe store in Soho, and i was turned off by the girls posing nearly nude in the cover article. i flipped through the magazine, was disgusted about half way through, and walked back into the store and put it back where i found it. very disappointing.