Tuesday, July 24, 2007

But In The Morning...


This morning was interesting. It started out like a normal Tuesday. I woke up groggy and got ready for work as usual. I was actually a little ahead of schedule until I walked out to my car. Walking up to the spot where I parked it last night, I noticed some people milling about and a tow truck backing up to a BMW. Oh crap, it wasn't there. I must have gotten towed. I asked the guy if he towed my car and he said he didn't but I could call the number on the side of the truck if I wanted.

While I was waiting on the phone, I talked to the landlord of the complex we were in front of and the painters working in the area. They said there wasn't a car parked in that spot all morning. The tow truck driver said he hadn't towed any cars from the area at all. I wasn't panicking but I definitely wondered if my car had been jacked.

So I was on hold with the towing company, asking the landlord about the "No Parking" signs (they weren't there when I parked last night, I swear) and talking to the painters about whether or not they saw a car there earlier, when a DPT metermaid drove up. I told her that I thought my car had gotten towed and she told me that no one had been towed from that spot today. She said she'd look into it though and asked me for my license plate number. I was about to go home and get the number (I haven't memorized it yet) when she asked me if I was sure I parked there. I was pretty damn sure but I glanced around anyway, trying not to second guess myself. A half a block down the street, at a similar corner, I saw my Acura sitting there waiting for me. Damn.

Man, I'm a moron. Good thing I didn't make an ass of myself by freaking out or yelling at the landlord for not posting the "No Parking" signs until this morning. Good thing I didn't cry. The people (painters, tow truck driver, DPT lady and landlord) were cool and understanding about it. Sure, it doesn't happen all the time but it's easy to get confused when people park in different spots everyday. They laughed it off with me and I went to work.

I hate Tuesdays.

2 comments:

fourpoints said...

ouch...that's pretty hilarious, though...for me at least...

Jamie said...

I'd love to make fun of you for this, but I've done the same thing before... a few times.