Thursday, December 13, 2007

Come On Chemicals!



Since last Friday, Pitchfork has been posting their year end lists. While they haven't dropped their songs and albums of year lists yet, they've got some good stuff up there. If you have 20 minutes or more to kill, take a look at their Top 50 Music Videos list. I haven't gotten around to watching all the videos but at first glance, I'd have to agree with several of their selections. I would have liked to have seen some commentary accompanying the videos but I guess they're saving all the witty batter and music snobbery for the songs and albums. I'm a little disappointed that Kid Sister didn't get any love but I'm hoping that the video was just released too late for consideration. I'm also putting money down that there was a one video per artist limit, or else Kanye would have had at least two more videos on the list. Anyway, definitely check out he videos by Bat For Lashes, Dizzee, Dude 'N Nem, Feist, Jay-Z (Speech!), Justice, LCD (one of my favorite songs of 2007), rjd2, Robyn, Snoop (possibly his best video since Doggy Dogg World), Spoon, UGK (video of the year!!!) and Kanye, to name a few. Oh yeah, and don't forget about Of Montreal.

No comments: